Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 October 2022

BAY WINDOW DEVON POPTOP............

Hi again here are some pics of a pop top that I fitted for a customer, this was pre brought by them...........I usually custom make my own pop tops but this was already with the van when they got it, so why waste it...........also showing fitting a ribbed roof lining cloth to the inside. This cleans up the inner roof but also helps reduce condensation and noise, also helps insulate.
please contact me on : 
tel : 07794978914
email : incavilla@aol.com

 
This shows a close up of the inner top , what a mess, but we can do magic.

 

The glue goes on, this is done in stages to allow for the glue to set and make sure of no mistakes. The glue used is a high temperature impact adhesive
.

A wide shot showing all the rods, eyelets and fixing points you have to cut round........!!!!! head pain.


 

All done, taken a whole day to get this inner lining alone right but I rather take my time and get it right.


 

This shows the pop top in place and fitted for the first time, needs more adjustments to get it right.


 

All done, this is a free folding top and care needs to be taken when closing the top down as damage can easily be done.
Hope you liked and keep looking I'll up date you as more projects come in..........
thanks 
Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment